Teachers of God,
Here on the 2nd last week of the year we are finished with the final of the 12 Halls, the Hall of Miracles. "Miracles fall like drops of healing rain from Heaven on a dry and dusty world, where starved and thirsty creatures come to die. Now they have water. Now the world is green. And everywhere the signs of life spring up, to show that what is born can never die, for what has life has immortality." Miracles offer us the relationship with reality that we want, right?
The 10 Pilars of the Hall of Miracles are:
1. I can attack but my own sinlessness, and it is only that which keeps me safe.
2. I let forgiveness rest upon all things, for thus forgiveness will be given me.
3. I am not asked to make a sacrifice to find the mercy and the peace of God.
4. Today I learn the law of love; that what I give my brother is my gift to me.
5. I offer only miracles today, For I would have them be returned to me.
6. Today the peace of God envelops me, And I forget all things except His Love.
7. Anger must come from judgment. Judgment is the weapon I would use against myself, to keep the miracle away from me.
8. I have no cause for anger or for fear, For You surround me. And in every need That I perceive, Your grace suffices me.
9. Today I let Christ's vision look upon all things for me and judge them not, but give each one a miracle of love instead.
10. Miracles mirror God's eternal Love. To offer them is to remember Him, And through His memory to save the world.
The Peace I seek is the Peace I Am. It operates through me and around me as the law of reality itself. I see this law in form when I look upon any living being. Peace is all I see when I let go of what is not my identity. Nothing holds me to fear and untruth except my anger at myself. I offer the world the miracle of forgiveness and remember that I live and love in wholeness with my Creator and All Beings.
We have a very special booklet this week. I never know what the Holy Spirit has in store as I prepare the lesson and search the images to illustrate the section we're reading. This week we're looking at the gift we give and receive in relationships. It's at the end of the Course so we're really looking at how our actions reflect (mirror) our beliefs whether we like it or not. We have the opportunity to treat others as we want to be treated, like the upright beautiful people we are. If we don't trust ourselves and have little personal integrity we share that with others as well, right? I was lead to look at pictures of sisters. After a while I landed on a beautiful oil painting from the early 1700's of a pair of King George II's sisters. They were very close and the history books say they kept each other sane as one went of to become the Queen of Denmark & Norway and the other to run the court of her brother the King of England. Their names? Caroline and Louisa. Yolanda and I had a moment of just staring at Wikipedia, then staring at each other then staring at Wikipedia. Holy Spirit works in mysterious ways, yes? Do we have a group of folks that keep us sane in trying times? Who are your friends? Are you a good friend to yourself?
A Course in Miracles
Text - Chapter 31
The Final Vision
Walking with Christ
The 16-year-old Queen of Denmark Caroline Maltilda stands next to her sister, Princess Louisa of Great Britain, by Francis Cotes
Roads going nowhere and everywhere.
Explanation of Images:
When we give our friendship and talents away we find ourselves full of friends and surrounded by talent. When we are ready to help others and see the best in those around us, we have the abundant lives of grace and beauty. We can choose this route or we can go our own way of seeking another way. When we are true to ourselves the road to happiness becomes an inner journey. The road to suffering is an outward journey to manipulate others and overcome the world’s obstacles.