Teachers of God,
We're in the final few weeks of the year and our study is getting quite intense. We have just completed the Hall of I AM! These are some of the longest lessons in the Course too. The introduction to Who Am I states "We are the holy messengers of God who speak for Him, and carrying His Word to everyone whom He has sent to us, we learn that it is written on our hearts." That is what the Course is for, you know. Have we read the words that have been written on our hearts? Are we willing to do the task of helping others discover and follow their heart's instructions? I call us Teachers of God because that's all we're going to do if we're going to experience the happiness of doing what is on our hearts. We need the Holy Spirit, but we need each other as well. We need other's help and we want to be in service to them. How that happens is different for each of us.
The 10 Pillars of the Hall of I AM
351. My sinless brother is my guide to peace. My sinful brother is my guide to pain. And which I choose to see I will behold.
352. Judgment and love are opposites. From one come all the sorrows of the world. But from the other comes the peace of God Himself.
353. My eyes, my tongue, my hands, my feet today have but one purpose; to be given Christ to use to bless the world with miracles.
354. We stand together, Christ and I, in peace and certainty of purpose. And in Him is His Creator, as He is in me.
355. There is no end to all the peace and joy, and all the miracles that I will give, when I accept God's Word. Why not today?
356. Sickness is but another name for sin. Healing is but another name for God. The miracle is thus a call to Him.
357. Truth answers every call we make to God, responding first with miracles, and then returning unto us to be itself.
358. No call to God can be unheard nor left unanswered. And of this I can be sure; His answer is the one I really want.
359. God's answer is some form of peace. All pain is healed; all misery replaced with joy. All prison doors are opened. And all sin is understood as merely a mistake.
360. Peace be to me, the holy Son of God. Peace to my brother, who is one with me. Let all the world be blessed with peace through us.
I live in a wonderful world that reflects my beliefs so that I may change and grow. I do not believe the childish judgments of my ego that show me a broken world. I have a wonderful, sensual body that serves me well in the task of bringing the presence of Love to others. My body is in the service of miracles. I am certain that I have all the talents and passions necessary to accomplish the word of God, and I will never tire in doing so. I practice to truth of my being. I practice health, abundance, joy and peace, sharing will all beings. I am in communication with God and my Completeness and can heal my judgments, transforming them into expressions of joy. To share this joy is my passion. Peace is here, expressed in everything I do. I join my brother in awakening ever-presencing blessed Peace.
We are in the second to the last chapter! We're almost there, friends!! (Then we get to start over, alas, it's fun, isn't it?) It's called The New Beginning. Have you begun again? Are there fresh shoots of awareness springing up from your being? We're going to look at Section VI 'The Only Purpose' The writing on our hearts become harder and harder to ignore. That's the New Beginning..starting to take seriously the prompting of our hearts. Our world and our lives begin to reflect this understanding and we seek out others that help us grow and support our awakening nature and heartsong. And we support others in their songs of awakening.
A Course in Miracles
Chapter 30: The New Beginning
VI: The Only Purpose
Image One: Photograph of Surrey English Countryside by Tim Smalley
Image Two: Stockimage colored shadow hands.
Explanation of Images: We are always and forever headed away from fear and toward the presence of Love. Love shows us the world the way it is and the practice of forgiveness is like the dawn arising after a storm. We have new hope and a new appreciation of even the dark and storm we’ve passed through. We participate in the creation of a container that supports our awareness of the love’s presence in our lives. We need other people to do this. And we practice forgiveness to let go of our preconceived notions of the way the world is and how it works. And Grace descends like the sun dawns on a new day. Hate and guilt are passing away as we learn and practice with others. Today we join hands with each other and keep telling the truth we know: That we are one and we act like it.